Monday, March 30, 2009

Tawnya Maye

If you raised anywhere near Music City you know what fried bologna is....but do you remeber what it smells like?.



Recently Lauren and I traveled to see the fam, whom she had never met before mind you, for a week. We were really excited for the trip, seeing as how we had not left Wyoming since Christmas, it was time for a vacation. I had to work on Thursday and our plane left on Friday morning at 6 a.m.. I got home from a very boring twelve hour shift at the plant(and when I say boring I mean worse than watching golf and paint dry of and on for the entire day hoping that some excitement might come out of one or the other, but all you end up with is yellow paint on your finger tips from testing the dryness or doing the "Yes!" gesture with Tiger as he sinks a long putt.) Needless to say I had a long day. I got home and finished packing and tried my best to sleep, but to no avail. We were just too excited, the thought of getting to warmer weather and seeing my friends and family was too overwhelming for sleep to get involved. After hours of talking, procrastinating, and packing we made it up to Billings. After a quick Paulie Walnuts/Denny's breakfast we checked in 2 hours early and placed our fate in United Airlines hands.

The trouble begins: Denver International Airport

" We will be delayed for an hour due to mechanical problems with the aircraft."

Not exactly what you want to hear when you have a two hour flight to Nashville coming up.

To shorten a long story, We ended up missing our flight from Nashville to Charlotte and getting stranded. We were given food and lodging vouchers and sent on our merry way to wait 24 hours in Grand Ole Opry my friggin' ass Nashville on the next avalible flight. Well we were tired, hungry, and grumpy and no way in Hell did we want to waste a day of vacation in Nashville. So we called to see if we could get a rental car; Not old enough and no credit card.




(Enter Tawnya Maye stage left)

We decided to go Greyhound! Caught a cab from Music City Sheraton( very classy hotel ) to the ever so tactful Greyhound station. Bought two one way tickets to Knoxville,TN. Made one phone call to a very dependable person and made it to church on Sunday morning right on time!





"Girl, you know dees buses smell like FRIED BOLONGA!"
~ Random Big Black Dude on bus

1 comment:

Lauren P. said...

That was one of the most frustrating days of my life! But it was an experience and I'm glad it all turned out the way it did...we have a good story!