Today was a strange day, but very normal. I woke to the frost bitten air of the Northwest, just like any other day, put on my muck boots and began my day. Drudging through the seemingly endless rows of slop, filling the feeders and checking the water troughs. Out of nowhere I was startled by a man who seemed to be very cold for being dressed so warm. He spoke with no emotion and very mono tone. "I have a message for you." He said with a stern look. "Take this letter to the master, but tell no one of my visit or you will have written your own death certificate." and with that being said the man climbed into his automobile and was gone. I was very stunned by the audacity of the man. That night it was hard to sleep, I just kept wondering what might happen if I told my wife. After all she was my wife, how would anyone know if I had told my own wife. But still the man's words haunted me. The following day I took the letter to the master and he was very grateful to accept it. He asked me who had given it to me. I thought for sure the master would have known where it came from. I held my tongue and said I found it with the other mail. He was very grateful and sent me home with a bushel of apples. He also gave me a raise and promotion to foreman. I called my wife with the news and told her we were going to be OK. When I got home she had a cake prepared and we celebrated in good fashion. Soon after we retired to bed and she asked me how I got the promotion. I told her about everything except the man who gave me the letter. She was puzzled a bit on how I came across the letter but didn't dwell on it too long before falling asleep.
The next day things seemed to be the best they had been in years, no trouble at work, no worries about money, no worries at all. But, when I got home my wife was in tears. I didn't know what to say, nor why she was crying. She just kept cursing me and calling me a liar. I was confused and hurt. Then she began to explain, the stable boy had seen me talking to a strange man and accepting something from him. He said it was a letter. I didn't know what to say... I apologized for withholding the truth and making excuses. We argued and exchanged hateful words, but then we realized one thing we loved each other. No matter what happens Love does prevail.
This blog is dedicated to a special person.
Never let the devil hold your tongue.
"Don't stop..believing, hold on to that feeling"
-Journey
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment